When the DeLeon Family founded Angel Funeral Home in 1962, they had a mission to provide excellence in service to families in their time of need. Over many years, Angel built a reputation for caring assistance to families of both Anglo and Hispanic cultures. When the DeLeon’s decided to retire in December 2017, he carefully selected to transfer ownership of Angel Funeral Home to Harrell Funeral Home because he believed the Harrell family‘s values and character would continue to serve Angel families with the integrity and quality of care they had grown to expect.
Harrell Funeral Home is committed to keeping family traditions and building new relationships with Angel families in Austin. We desire to get to know your family, understand your needs, and serve you with respect. We are also building further community relationships to understand better how we can help you. We are family-owned, so we can spend quality time with each customer and not be governed by corporate boards and stockholders. We hope you find value in all the new amenities we bring to you:
- We have recently updated all of our funeral home facilities with interior design touches to create a warm atmosphere full of light.
- We have expanded our funeral director staff and pre-need staff so they will have more time to spend getting to know and serve your family.
- We have partnered with local Austin businesses to provide new catering services that are affordable and allow you to focus on visiting with your family and friends, while we cater to your needs.
- We have implemented the latest in technology service offerings throughout our facilities including video service capabilities. Also, we provide comprehensive communication offerings through social media and ongoing communication to provide your family with an exceptional experience.
- We have added an expansive grief support library written by world-renowned grief expert, Alan Wolfelt and identified resources to help families and children through the grieving process.
- Harrell Funeral Home is the only funeral home in Austin with a Full-Circle After Care staff to help you complete all the things that need to be accomplished after a funeral is over.
“My father opened Harrell Funeral Home 34 years ago with the vision of coming along beside friends and helping them when they needed someone the most. We still operate today under this vision and are here to meet your needs, above our own. Our customers are the most important part of our business, and I want you to know we will work tirelessly to guarantee your complete satisfaction through the entire experience.”